Thursday 3 November 2011

An epistle to Abah.

Recently there were so many saddening stories posted on facebook. One article did attract me to write is about dad.


Tears are welling up in my eyes. Poignant.
(In case Abah read this)


Dearest Abah,


I still remember...


The smile on your face when I got excellent results in exams.
I know how proud  you were those days.


The way you ran to me when I was conferred an award at my graduation.
I know you satisfied with the investment you have invested in me.


The happy sound of your voice when I said I will/can help you.
I know you can count on me.


The jolly face of you when I got my first job.
I know I have lessen your burden. And it is time to 'pay' you back.


The relief you felt when I said I want to get hitched.
I know you are happy with the guy I want to marry to.




Dearest Abah..


Thank you...


For granting me a name I like.
For taking care of me since I was young.
For giving me 'loans' to study and shop.
For giving me permission to marry a guy.
For endless support and love.


You are truly my hero. Amazing hero.

No comments: