Monday 31 October 2011

Loosen up, lighten up!


Hello guys! (guessing I have readers heh)

October is a wonderful month. Ever. None other than- HOLIDAY!

I went to National Reserve Forest Pahang yesterday! It was super fun! FUN FUN FUN! May I highlight this. Hehe..

My family were very happy. Smiling. Laughing. Enjoying. 



This place and this kind of family day is highly recommended.

It took almost 3 hours to get there (from Kuantan). We started our journey at 8 am and it was drizzle. Pay no heed to the rains, we drove to our destination.

Alhamdulillah, the weather was just fine. Perfect for a boat-riding!

NRFP is separated from its town. You have (no other options) to get into boat to reach the forest. No worries, it took less than 5 minutes. 

All I can say is the entrance fee is the cheapest thing in the world. RM1.00 each person. See how nice the Government is? (As for now...)

For this vacay, I chose to boat-riding and canopy walkaway. 

Boat-riding.

There are 2 types of boats. 
1. RM 120 - 4 persons
2. RM 200 - 12 persons



However, these 2 types of boats will get you to different river. We, consist of 8, chose to cross Sungai Tembeling by a 12-persons boat. Much safer I think.



Super fun guys! You should try this. You should!!! Feel the wind streaming past your face. The water. Ooh.. A natural tranquility base I must say!

You have to bring clothes so you can change it right after. Argh, I did not bring new clothes so I ended up WET! 




Haahaaa!!!


Next!


Canopy Walkaway.


Entrance fee is RM5.00 for adult and RM3.00 for children. Cheap isn't it?




I think it took about an hour (or more if you walk vigilantly) to cross all over the checkpoints. And a must-keep-distance is 10m.






Acrophobia dude... at some points! 



This stairs remind me of tangga abah at kampong. They made it into stairway wah! I wonder how frequent they change the ropes, the staircases, the woods... 

Kampung Orang Asli


Meanwhile, we visited Kampung Orang Asli. A small one. Oh forgot to ask what type of group (suku kaum) they are. Their life is totally behind the times! Yeah, they have water to cook, to take shower. But their houses? Ooh.. that's why we should never roar on how many funds has the Government allocated for them. These indigenious people really need a better standard of living.

Yeah, we've tried menyumpit (blowpipe) as well. Cool hehe. They showed us how to make the arrow. They use stick and leaves. And surprisingly they could light up the fire by rubbing a string to a wood!

Tired, we got back to our normal life with jovial and satisfied. There is nothing more valuable than seeing glowing faces of your family members. I look forward to our next family day next month. InsyaAllah...

No comments: